Extinction: Humans vs Monsters:
It’s exciting for me to see a throwback to a simpler style of game; valiant human fighting for the good of the people, against evil monsters, in this case, ogres and minions!
Iron Galaxy and Maximum Games are proud to announce their thrilling, fast-paced action game. It looks like hints of Assassin’s Creed, God of War and maybe in feel; Attack on Titan (I hope).
In Extinction, you’ll fight massive ogres and their minions across a sprawling countryside, defending cities and rescuing native villagers torn from their homes. Swiftly define your strategy as hordes attack from the ground and air. Use the dynamic skill-based combat system to tactically disarm and dismember enemies before going in for the kill.
“Extinction is absolutely relentless,” said Kraig Kujawa, Game Director at Iron Galaxy. “We’re really happy with the fast, fluid feel of the game and we’re looking forward to showing it behind closed doors at E3.”
“As the protagonist tasked with a huge undertaking – both in fighting enormous ogres and saving humans from disaster – each player’s experience will be varied, as the landscapes and battle situations are never identical,” said Derek Neal, Executive Producer at Maximum Games.
Check out the trailer here:
Extinction Game Features and Modes:
- Protect the human population across an abundant story campaign, rescuing as many civilians as possible and taking down brutal opponents.
- Dynamic Side Missions. Complete numerous side missions with various objectives, earning upgrades to aid you in your campaign.
- Skill-Based Combat. Travel horizontally and vertically, perform wall runs, and use your whip as a vault to perform devastating air assaults. Master dynamic combat maneuvers to effectively traverse the giant beasts and expose their weak points, progressing along different skill trees to develop a path best suited to your playstyle.
- Interactive Environment. Move freely around a fully destructible environment, and use objects throughout the world to your strategic advantage.
- Innumerable Battle Scenarios. Every battlefield is different from the last, ensuring a unique combat situation each time you play.
- Create custom battlegrounds with varied objectives, and challenge players online to compete for the top score.
- Extinction Mode. Fight off a continuous horde of assailants as wave after wave of ogres and their minions attack without relent.
This is no longer a war. It’s an annihilation. And you are all that stands between humanity … and extinction.
Overall the game looks like a lot of simple action and fun, not bound by the trappings of massive game studios that we as gamers have become so used to.
What do you guys think though, is it weird and too bland, or finally the start of a trend back to simple gaming goals? Let me know in the comments.